Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sixty second salad

Actually I think it took less than that...

I wanted something not too boring to have with cos lettuce.

So I wizzed one clove garlic for 3 seconds at speed 7
(Non thermomixers could chop it finely)
Add:   
2 ripe tomatoes (halved)
good handful of fresh basil
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce (from the EDC)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
large pinch salt

wizz for 4 seconds at speed 7


At this point it is really not very pretty. Mum was  quite rude about it.
Tear your washed cos lettuce into large pieces and pour dressing over. Mine looks drowned because we only put enough out for three but I think a big bowl of baby cos would look lovely
Sprinkle with  about 40g feta cheese. We use danish feta because it is creamy and delicious.

Tonight we are having barbecued chops and sausages, marinated mushrooms, chat potatoes with harissa cream and sixty second salad.
check out the gorgeous BBQ plate one of my kids made in kindy!
NB - harissa cream is just light sour cream with a spoonful of harissa paste stirred through (I will post the harissa recipe another time)
































No comments:

Post a Comment