Sunday, July 1, 2012

Salted Caramel Sauce

I was looking through the blogs on my Google Reader feed and I stumbled across this recipe over at the Domestic Sluttery blog

this pan is fantastic it actually repels the contents no matter how sticky they are
I really wanted to convert it to Thermomix but when I googled recipes I came up with a few recipes where they talked about washing your pan quickly or throwing it away, and about it being precision to get sugar from melted to burnt.






Now I really love my Thermie so I didn't want to risk the bowl being out of action - I had a pretty big day planned. So I reverted to my wonderful Chefs Toolbox pan which has in the past repelled such dishes as porridge or polenta so effectively that washing it up almost seems like just going through the motions.

This is what 64 Weight Watchers Pro Points looks like in one jar



This recipe is so easy I really need not have worried, you just melt together butter, brown sugar and water, then when it boils simmer or 3 minutes, remove from the heat and whisk in the cream and sea salt flakes, That's it. TA...DA!!! And it is SO delicious. 





I used it to make mini muffins with pecans later and we had it for dessert over a date and chocolate pudding with cream and strawberries. It is divine. I really just want to put my spoon in the jar and eat it all up.


one teeny muffin

Great way to end the day

No comments:

Post a Comment